Google just released Android 5.0 SDK, called Lollipop.
For developers, this is the time to perform Q/A testing for your apps before the platform gets released sometime the first two weeks of November.
As noted on the Android Developers Blog, the following enhancements are included:
- Material Design theme & APIs
- Enhanced Notifications for your apps
- Project Volta and Battery Historian for better power efficiency for apps
- Enhanced app runtime with Android Runtime (ART)
- OpenGL ES 3.1, Android Extension Pack & 64-bit support for better game & app performance
Another great feature is the introduction of Material Design – a user design philosophy for user interaction across devices.
Get started with the latest Android 5.0.
Oh and by the way, Google have open sourced 750 glyphs as part of Material Design system icons in 24px and 48px. You could download the Material Design Icons 1.0 on GitHub.